How to purchase
Modern farming has homogenised beef production to exalt tenderness over flavour. At Isola, we feel that this is only telling part of the story, and that we need a return to flavour.
The Chianina breed is renowned for beef that is lean, dark red in colour, and tasty. But provenance and genetics are only part of the journey. Our pastures are rich and varied, benefitting from a clean surrounding environment and high rainfall. Our cattle are grass fed – free of the chemicals of mass produced beef, or the grain diet that results in meat that is tender, but lacking in flavour. Our meat is dry-hung.
All in all, ours may be a far slower process, but the pursuit of flavour remains our goal.
Direct to Home via Online Store
Here’s how it works:
- Approximately once a month, (dictated by season, and when the animals are ready).
- Butchered, hung and portioned for home, vacuum sealed.
- All our home deliveries to Melbourne are made on the one day, fresh not frozen, so you’ll need to be home to receive delivery.
- Alerts are made to our database via email offers.
- Our online shop is updated with stock only when an offer is available.
- Once all stock has been sold, addresses are passed on to our couriers, a run is devised, and 2 hour delivery times are allocated and communicated to you.
- Beef arrives in town, ready for dinner, or the freezer.
Our beef is hung, butchered and delivered to your door, ready for the BBQ, oven or pot, or suitable for the freezer as it is delivered fresh.
If eating ethically farmed, grass fed, dry aged, great tasting beef is important to you, then you may be interested in our home packs - Most often 10kg cartons of mixed cuts, delivered to your door, fresh and individually packed.
(Note: available in Melbourne only)
$250 per 10kg pack includes delivery
No two boxes will be identical but will typically a mixture of the following cuts:
- T-bone steak
- Rump steak
- Rib Eye
- A piece of roasting beef (either bolar blade or fresh silverside)
- Minute Steak
- Flat Iron or Skirt Steak
- Mince (approx. 25%)
- Osso Buco or Short Rib
- Chuck on the Bone
On occasion different home packs are offered out. Often smaller, around 5kg; they may consist of only steaks or only slow cooking cuts. To stay abreast of these offers, please subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram @isolachianina.
Restaurants and Wholesale
If you’d like to purchase our beef for your establishment then call farmer Sam: 0418 878911 We have fresh beef, can manufacture sausages and burgers for you and also have two smallgoods; salame and bresaola
We butcher approximately once a month for restaurants and the carcass is divided up and delivered in PrimeSafe approved refrigerated vans. We invoice you directly.
At Isola we don’t breed T-Bone only cattle, so your order can’t reflect a T-Bone only philosophy/approach.
So yes, we certainly do have Bistecca (T-Bones) but if you want these you must also order some other cuts, such as: short ribs, mince, chuck, topside, or some of the other wonderfully tasty parts of the beast.